Become a member! Membership is growing!
Membership in the council includes:
- Three newsletters annually that highlight activities of the Council and other important activities
- Support for research of the Council related to Nutrition Advocacy
- Opportunities to attend the annual workshop and other education events
- Networking with other professionals, students, educators, and concerned community members
The Council is a dynamic group of community members, organizations and professionals who are all dedicated to promoting the nutritional health of Nova Scotians. With your help and input, the Council will continue to identify current nutritional issues, promote awareness of these, and seek innovative solutions through collective action and education. Some of the Nutrition Council’s past and present activities include:
- The landmark report ‘How do the Poor Afford to Eat?
- Participatory Food Security Projects (Food Costing Project & Story Sharing Workshops)
- Thought about Food?: A Workbook on Food Security & Influencing Policy. (available at www.foodthoughtful.ca)
- A National Environmental Scan of Strategies for Influencing Policy to Build Food Security
Membership communicates your interest in what the Council represents and provides the opportunity to network at bi-monthly meetings and annual workshops.